Gotta love those one-liners, huh?
This episode was fantastic! Lots of action, lots of characters, some answers, and more questions ... classic Lost!
Here's a bit of what we learned this week:
- Tunisia is THE exit for the island. Is that where Widmore ended up when he left too? And is that where Charlotte found the bones of the polar bear with the Dharma collar on? I think it is, and I'm guessing Dharma experimented with transporting animals before trying it on people.
- Matthew Abadon works for Charles Widmore. And just when we think we're getting somewhere with Abadon, learing a bit about his background, BAM - he's dead. That splatter of blood on the back of the car was a shocker for sure. Any insight on what Abadon was trying to do when he visited Hurley a while back?
- Speaking of Widmore, he remembers meeting lock when he was 17 and living on the island. I assume that's how he knew to send Abadon to Locke when Locke was in rehab.
- Sayid worked for Ben for 2 years and is now trying to do some good. We still don't know why he turned on Ben though.
- Walt is dreaming about the island in the future, right? Locke in a suit, surrounded by people trying to kill him ... I have to assume that's coming up soon. The island is not done with Walt, but is it necessary for him to return to the island or can he do his part from where he is?
- Ben killed Locke?!?!?! I was all set to see him hang himself and when Ben talked him out of it I couldn't imagine what Locke would do to kill himself next. But at the mention of Eloise Hawking, Ben goes psycho on Locke. Creepy.
- Was Ben lying about Jack buying a ticket to Sydney? I don't remember Jack saying anything about it, but I could be wrong.
- And what is the deal with Eloise Hawking? Who is she? What is it about her that sets Ben off? And why is he working with her now? Or is he scheming something that we don't know about yet? And what the heck is Locke going to to do Ben on the island?
- Do we know how long Locke was back in the real world before he killed himself? It has to be long enough for Jack to go from short beard to full-fledged scrub, but does anyone have a clear idea of the time here?
So yes, lots to discuss this week. But before we get to Mr. Linky and your recaps and comments ...
REMINDERS: There are lots of fun things going on over here at the Lost Books Challenge Blog in addition to these weekly episode recaps. Here's a sample:
- Amy is hosting our first mini-challenge! The prize is a one-year subscription to the Lost Magazine. All you have to do is write a post about one of the topics listed here. The deadline is March 7th (even though the original post says Feb. 28). This should be simple - after all, who doesn't like to discuss the craziness that is Lost?!
- Amy also has us discussing the Jesus Christ imagery associated with John Locke. Hop on over here to share your thoughts.
- And of course there are lots of book reviews that you can browse to get more insight into the show. The list is always growing so check back often for more reviews.
- For those of you who are new here, we'd love for you to officially join our reading challenge. Details can be found by clicking here. But don't worry - you don't have to join in order to keep visiting! We just want you to know you are welcome.