Monday, March 9, 2009

Book Review: Moby Dick, by Herman Melville

Here is an excerpt from my review of MOBY DICK:
I've been going over the book in my mind, trying to figure out how it relates to the show LOST. I don't see any direct parallels, but I did come up with something ...

Ben is a lot like Capt. Ahab. Both have a specific goal in mind (Ben wants to get back to the island and be in charge, Ahab wants to kill this particular whale) and they will do absolutely anything to achieve that goal. Their own ambitions seem to be the only important thing. They are both willing to allow other people to die (or in Ben's case, to actually kill people) in order to achieve their goal.
Was my theory correct? Find out when you read my complete review - and see some pictures of whales - on my blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment