Whoa, was there a lot going on in this episode or what?! Here's a quick list of the interesting points I can remember right now:
- Ajira Airlines! That explains the water bottles in the canoe from last week's show, right? But does that mean people from the new plane were the ones shooting at Sawyer and company?
- We have confirmation the Eloise Hawking IS Faraday's mother.
- Dharma built the room in the church basement.
- The island really IS moving (physically, not just in time).
- Frank Lapidis is back!
- Who the heck beat up Ben?
- What did Kate do with Aaron?
- Why was Sayid a prisoner?
- Who are are two newest castaways (I'm assuming the gal with Sayid and the only other guy in first class are important somehow)?
- Why does Hurley have a guitar case? Does it have something to do with Charlie?
- Will Desmond end up back on the island?
- Did Locke's departure "fix" the island in any way?
One commenter on the roundtable discussion at Tor.com pointed out that the "lamp post" reference is from the Narnia books. You can read about it here in comment # 12.
Oh, and the best line of the night?
Jack: How can you read?
Ben: My mother taught me.
Um, did we forget that Ben's mother died in childbirth?! (No, I can't take credit for that one - I read it here.)
Add your recap post to Mr. Linky or share your thoughts in the comments - I can't wait to see what you all thought!