Thursday, May 7, 2009

Episode Recap: "Follow the Leader"

Ok, I FINALLY have my laptop back so I'll be writing this post as I watch the show.
  • Richard to Locke: "There's something different about you." You got that right buddy.
  • Ben says Richard has been an "advisor" for a long, long time. Yeah, that is not really helpful ... can you be a bit more specific?
  • Richard: "I watched them all die." ?!?!?!!?
  • So Dharmaville is built over top of the bomb site ... AND over top of Smokey's lair? Not sure how that lines up ...
  • Uh oh, Radzinsky and Phil are teaming up on Sawyer. This can't be good. And now Phil is beating on Juliette!
  • "There's no such thing as the Korean War." Poor Hugo, he must not have paid attention in history class.
  • "Let's just say love can be complicated." That is certainly an understatement on LOST.
  • Ok so LOST time travel has finally confused me completely. Resurrected-John just told Richard what to say to Injured-John, setting in motion the whole return to the island scenario. REALLY?! How exactly does that work?
  • The island is talking to John. Ben doesn't get it and Richard is somewhat in shock. I'd be in shock too.
  • Who is in charge in Dharmaville? Chang, Radzinsky, Horace, or someone else? And has that person been in charge all along, or has it changed due to the crisis?
  • SAYID IS BACK!!!!
  • Back to the bomb thing - the Others used the tunnels to get the bomb safely underground. Why didn't they just dig a big hole? Or were they never intending to use those tunnels again? Personally I wouldn't want to be wandering around down there with a bomb sitting nearby.
  • I really thought Sawyer was going to send Juliette on to that sub by herself at the last minute.
  • Sayid to Jack: "If this works you might just save us all. And if it doesn't, at least you'll put us out of our misery." I think this will be my favorite line of the night.
  • Is is just me, or has Sun been pretty pathetic this whole episode? She hasn't had anything particularly intelligent to say ...
  • Hmm, are Richard and Ben still working together? Not sure yet but it IS a possibility.
  • Oohoo! They are NOT happy to see Kate getting on that sub.
  • The sub dive scene reminds me of the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride at Disney.
  • John wants to kill Jacob? But I thought he wasn't sure Jacob even existed. Or maybe that is what the island is telling him to do?
I'm not sure that blogging while watching the show was the best idea ... this post seems a bit long to me! I don't think I'll be doing that again.

What did you all think about this episode? Please share your thoughts in the comments and post your links below.

Next week's episode looks really good ... can you believe we are just 2 episode-hours away from the end of the season?! Oh, the horror!



UPDATE: Here's the link to this week's round-table discussion at tor.com.

11 comments:

  1. A LOST recap post can never be too long! I enjoyed last nights episode - I'm still hoping Ellie will be able to bring Daniel back. From what Jack said - if we can believe Jack - Daniel is only "Island dead" not dead dead. Next week's 2-hr finale is going to be sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I was with you on every single ?!?!!?? :P And yeah, Hugo's "...there's...no such thing..." was HILARIOUS. Totally agree about Sun being pathetic too. Seriously yo, first she was all, "I'm hard and mean and a badass now..." and now she's just all mopey. I wasn't crazy about hardened Sun, but boring sit-on-the-beach Sun is just stupid. She left her kid to sunbathe, and get terrible tan lines at that? Sun, be useful and go figure out what's in the shadow of the statue.

    I did a ton of writing about the Locke's "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to kill Jacob we go..." let me know what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you all about Sun too. Talk about multiple personalities.

    I totally thought that Sawyer was going to dive off of that sub or get shot off of the deck or something. I never really thought he and Juliette would get off together. And I guess they don't, judging by next week's scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Sayid is back. I was forgetting about him.

    And that sub dive was pretty sad and cheap. They should have just left it out.

    But if Richard watched them die, did they die? or did they just disappear? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbi - Oh good, I was worried I'd rambled too much!

    Sarah Eliza - HA! There were a lot of those ?!?! moments for me this week. In fact, I've got to watch it again just to wrap my head around all of it. And *ick* to the new Sun ... I just don't like her at all.

    Crystal - Yeah, I never thought J&S would actually go live in the real world, but I could have done without the huge Kate interruption myself. And I REALLY thought S was going to pull some last minute stunt before getting on the sub. His comment while looking at the island was great though: "Good riddance."

    TK42ONE - Me too. I'd completely forgotten about Sayid. And yes, sub dive scene was pretty pathetic. Not sure that I trust what Richard saw, especially since we now know he isn't as all knowing as we thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My discussion post: http://www.skrishnasbooks.com/2009/05/lost-follow-leader.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. S. Krishna - I added you to the Mr. Linky so everyone can find you quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep...so confusing. I continue to think that John Locke is the monster.... I'm still confused about exactly who Alpert is, and did he really see everyone die, and what does that mean???

    I wrote a lot about the science/faith contrast this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally predict major fireworks courtesy of Ilana's crew. Maybe *she* works for Jacob (and not Widmore).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seth - Interesting theory ... can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete